Monday, October 29, 2012

Seanbhean Kirstie

So, the lesson I have been told this week is that I am old.  Now, I don't think I'm *that* old (usually), and I'm not used to people telling me this.  In fact, quite the opposite:  I am used to being the baby of the group.

This week I have been called old for making a reference to Charlie Brown, which I thought was universal and transcended ages.

I've been called attractive... for my age.  (A compliment is a compliment...?)

And I am nominated as driver for a group of us renting a car, as the oldest one.  And other things.

Now, you all know I'm just playing and whining for fun.  I know I'm not that old.  And even if I am, I'm quite happy with it.  All my experiences serve me well.  I am quite content to be an old, experienced person.  People have always called me an old soul.  Well and good, then.  Seanbhean Kirstie.  And that's all I have for the week, heh.

Enjoy a beautiful sunset from the Prom in front of my building.  Hopefully not the sunset of my life, in my venerable state, eh? ;)

2 comments:

  1. No updates in almost two weeks? That's a shame.

    Also, apparently "Good Old Sean Bean" is "Sean Bhean Sean Bean"? That's awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incorrect; "Sean bhean Sean Bean" would be "Old woman Sean Bean." "Good Old Sean Bean" would be something along the lines of "seanSeán Bean maith;" the name Seán has to have the fada (long mark) on the 'a' as Gaeilge, and the adjective for old, 'sean,' is one of the few that prefixes a noun, whereas 'maith,' good, follows. Also, "seanbhean" is an old woman.

    Though, it might also be considered that we could change his last name Bean to the Irish for bean, which I think is "pónaire," in which case he becomes Seán Pónaire, and to call him good old becomes "seanSeán Pónaire maith."

    ReplyDelete